Coppélia – a story of love, mischief and mechanical dolls

We had a wonderful time in London at The Royal Opera House: ‘A classic returns to the Royal Ballet repertory with Ninette de Valois’ charming and funny Coppélia– a story of love, mischief and mechanical dolls. The intricate choreography is set to Delibes’ delightful score and shows off the technical precision and comedic timing of the whole Company. Osbert Lancaster’s designs bring a colourful storybook world to life in this Christmas treat for the whole family.’

Read our comments to find out what we thought of the ballet.

We are busy writing reviews of the ballet and will share them on here once we have finished.

Do you know any other ballets?

4 thoughts on “Coppélia – a story of love, mischief and mechanical dolls

1. I loved the ballet! It gave me loads of different emotions, sometimes sorrow for Dr Coppelius, other characters were teasing him. Sometimes I felt happy and wanting to watch more! I wanted it to go on forever! Everything was amazing about it, the sets, costumes, acting and most of all, the dancing! I thought it was amazing!

2. I loved the ballet! It gave me loads of different emotions, sometimes sorrow for Dr Coppelius, other characters were teasing him. Sometimes I felt happy and wanting to watch more! I wanted it to go on forever! Everything was amazing about it, the sets, costumes,music, acting and most of all, the dancing! I thought it was amazing!